Friday, March 1, 2013

Relaxing Moisturizing Spa Bath at Home!

Hey Everyone!
Happy March, Happy Spring! :-) I'm so excited for Spring! Even though Florida doesn't have much season change, I'm still happy that it's closer to my favorite time of year. A lot of you probably live in cold areas where the rough winter weather can leave your skin dry, and cracked. That is one of the worst feelings! No one likes dry and rough skin, and I personally have super dry skin and mild eczema! Often times I find myself annoyed and frustrated with it. I'm going to show you one of the things I do to help with my dry skin. Every once in a while I like to deep condition my skin with products I have tested over the years, i've come to love.



Some of the things you will need are:

1. Oats
2. Honey (i'm using a random pack I found around the house because I ran out of my other one!)
3. Bath oil (NOT regular oil, this can clog your drain!)
4. Body butter, or body conditioner.


You should fill your bath with warm water, not too hot! Hot water can dry the skin even more, because even if you may not feel super hot water does slightly burn the skin. When your bath gets about half way start to use some of your selected bath oil.


I used Skin Therapy Oil from Coco Butter, it's only about $6- $8 and can be found at any drugstore. It does amazing things such as:
Helping stretch marks 
Helps fade scars
Help aging skin
Helps dry cracked skin
Promotes a healthy glow

This is an AMAZING bath oil, and can also be used after you get out of the bath as a lotion.


This oil has a very buttery texture, and its very oily. If you don't like that feeling of being very moisturized and even a little oily, I would skip this!


Another bath moisturizer I add is one from Avene


This helps with extreme dry skin, and you should use 2-3 capfuls mixed in with the water as the directions say on the back. This can be purchased online or at a dermatology office, and I'm unsure of the price but it shouldn't be more than $30. 


This has more of a creamy texture and really soaks into the skin. Compared to the Coco Butter Oil this doesn't leave any extra oil on the skin, but it does leave the skin feeling soft. 


Now you should add your oats, I used regular quaker oats and these can be purchased at any grocery store or convenient stores should sell them in some places. Oats help with dry skin so much and have much more amazing healthy benefits. 

Next you should add honey, I like to melt my honey a little in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. After I've done that, I add a little water to get it to turn into more of a liquid, then adding it into the bath.

An optional step to this is using a body conditioner. I use one from Lush Cosmetics called Ro's Argans Body Conditioner. This stuff is truly amazing. 

Its very creamy, and leaves the skin feeling soft and buttery. This is $30 dollars from Lush, but they're pretty good about giving samples so ask to try it before you buy it ;-). This also smells so amazing! With an aroma of sweet cranberries. What you do with this is, after you've finished bathing yourself you apply this to your entire body and let it sit in like you would a hair conditioner for about 2 minutes or longer if you'd like. Then you wash it off, and it should leave you smelling amazing and with soft skin!

After you get out of the bath you can reapply your bath oil (if the directions say you can apply it to skin) or apply a thick and moisturizing lotion. 


I hope this leaves you feeling amazing! 
xox
Zuri Tibby



No comments:

Post a Comment