Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My current skin care products

Hey everyone! On my tumblr, i've answered loads of questions regarding my favorite skincare products. However, I change my skin care routine all the time and I like to keep you guys updated!




I'm in now way a doctor, and i have no idea how these products will react on your skin, but they do work for me, and other people i've recommended them to! Most of these products you can find locally, and almost anywhere, and are reasonably priced. 

Before you buy skincare products, I think you should carefully look at your skin type.

  1. Is it dry? 
  2. Is it oily?
  3. Is it oily and dry?
  4. Do you have breakouts frequently?
  5. Does your skin itch frequently? 

These are some of the questions you can ask yourself before buying skin care products. Not everyone has the same skin, therefore not every product works for everyone. As for myself, I have dry skin, but slightly oily on my nose, and its very sensitive most of the time. The main thing in my skincare necessities is a great moisturizer. 

CLEANSERS




These are some of the cleansers I use for my face, they are all from Lush, and range from $10- $15, depending on the amount you get. Two of them are the same (Buche de Noel) but I just thought including two of them made the picture look nicer ;-).


  1. HERBALISM 
Herbalism is the green cleanser, and its targeted towards oily, and problem prone skin. Even though I don't get breakouts often, I find that this helps me prevent them and helps the skin on my nose be less oily. 

Apply some on the back of your hand, and add a little bit of water.

Mix the water and the cleanser together.

As you can see, the consistency is very creamy, and this cleanser is great and melts into the skin. Despite its smooth appearance, it really does exfoliate your skin and get rid of dirt and dead skin cells! This clears up all of my breakouts and is great for people with oily, and problem skin - but can be used for all skin types. 

2. Buche de Noel 

Do the same thing as you do with Herbalism! 



This is a more bumpy cleanser, still creamy but exfoliates a little bit more. This is for all skin types and helps with anything. I still recommend the Herbalism for anyone with oily, and acne prone skin. 



MOISTURIZERS


Like I said before, I have more dry skin. This is a very important part of my skin routine. Usually, I skip using toner, but if I do use a toner I use the Clinique purple toner for dry skin after I cleanse my face and before I moisturize. 

1.   Light Moisturizers... Chanel and Avene. 
This moisturizer is a great one. I love the scent of it. I go for this more in the day time,  when I want a moisture, without making my face too shiny. If you have oily skin, I would recommend the gel instead of the cream moisturizer.
About $60 - $80, depending on where you buy it. Can be found online, or at a department store. 

This is another great light moisturizer, I take this one when I travel a lot,  and  I also carry it in my purse sometimes! This is great for people with sensitive skin because it has no scent and the ingredients should not irritate the skin.
About $20 - $35, can be found online or at a dermatologist. 

2. Thicker moisturizers... Rosebud salve, Vaseline, Avene. 

This is another great moisturizer for on the go, I always carry this in my bag. The great thing about this is that it's multipurpose and you can use it anywhere. This is a very thick moisturizer, and I would recommend wearing under makeup, or when you live in a very cold area in the winter time. Applying too much can make your face very shiny! This has a great smell, and it great for people with sensitive skin and dry skin.  About $4 - $6, can be found at Sephora, or Urban Outfitters. 



This moisturizer from Avene is one of the best. I love using this at night time. Overnight this really soaks into my skin, and when I wake up my skin appears fresh and healthy. Sometimes when I get a pimple, I have hyper pigmentation. This means that even if I don't try and pop the pimple or scratch at it, it still turns a little darker on my face and will sometimes leave a scar. This stuff helps with that so much! It gets rid of any acne scarring you may have, and moisturizes the face. Great for people with acne scarring, and dry sensitive skin.  $20 - $40 depending where you buy it, online or at a dermatologist. 



This is such an old product, I feel like everyone will have. This can be used as anything, kind of similar to the rosebud salve. Vaseline can be used on any skin type, but if you have more oily skin, I would say that you should use it in moderation so you don't appear too shiny. This can be found from 3$ - $6 depending on where you live, from any drugstore. 



Thanks so much for reading this post! Stay tuned, and I may be doing a giveaway on some of these products soon ;-) 


xox 
Zuri Tibby 



1 comment: