Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Healthy Protein Banana Pancakes!


Happy (belated) Pancake day!
Hi everyone! I meant to do this post yesterday, but it was my first time making the pancakes and they came out HORRIBLE! They weren't even pancakes it was just cooked batter on a plate with no shapes... I didn't even eat them! I attempted this for a second time and they came out great! These pancakes are super low in calories, low fat, and high in protein. They're super tasty as well! All you need are 2  key ingredients, and a couple of optional ingredients that add to the flavor.

Ingredients:
1. Eggs (egg whites work better!)

I took the yolk out of my eggs. 


2. REALLY Ripe Banana
I froze mine for a week, and defrosted it this morning. 


MATERIALS NEEDED:
1. Non-stick surface to cook on... I used a skillet.
2. Bowl to mix with.
3. Fork to mix, and mash bananas.
4. Spatula
5. Large to medium cooking spoon

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat your cooking surface, I cooked mine on a medium low heat. Since bananas cook very fast, cooking too high may turn the pancakes very dark to appear burnt. (If this happens don't worry! Its normal and tastes just as good!)



2. Peel your extra ripe banana into your bowl (this should look gross!).



3. Begin to mash banana with your fork, or whatever you chose to use that does that job!
Gross looking! 
4. Add your egg or egg white into the mashed banana in the bowl (I used egg whites and removed the yolk of my eggs).





5. Start to mix the egg white (or egg) and mashed banana together, until it looks something like this:



6. Option to add extra flavor.. I used Apple pie spice (because I was out of cinnamon!)


Mix thoroughly 

You should have something like this so far. 


7. Now your cooking surface should be hot, Take your cooking spoon and measure out the size of your pancakes. Be careful not to make them too thick, this will burn them and make them harder to flip!


Should look like this!


8. Evenly place the batter onto your cooking surface.


Should look something like this, unless you have a smaller pan or cooking surface which is fine! Add them one by one if you use a smaller non-stick cooking surface. 


9. Once the pancakes start cooking, take your spatula to test if they are ready to flip over. Take the spatula on one corner of the pancake, and if it moves with out messing the rest of the pancake up - its ready! Another way to tell is by seeing if there are little bubbles at the top - this means the other side is cooked and they are ready to be flipped!

9. Start to flip the pancakes, making sure they are cooked on each side.

10. When you're done they should look something like this!

Mine struggled some... :)


10. Option to add Peanut butter, or strawberries like I did!

Here is what mine looked like:



I hope that yours came out as good as mine did!! Enjoy!
xox
Zuri Tibby.

No comments:

Post a Comment