Friday, February 1, 2013

What do models wear to castings? What can you wear to meet with an agency?

Hi everyone!
Another question I get quite a bit is regarding what models wear to castings, and also what to wear to meet with an agency. To castings, I like to wear things that are both functional and cute. Something that shows my style, but isn't too distracting from my face. Though these outfits i'm about too show you aren't too fun, you have to remember it's always important to remain professional when going to a casting or a meeting - Modeling is a job!  A good thing to base your out fit off of is a black or white tank top, and skinny jeans.  This is something this is so versatile and serves as a base for countless outfits. If the at the meeting for an agency, or a casting, someone asks you to take off your shirt for polaroids the black tank is a life saver. Many times casting directors or agencies will do this so they can see your body more in a picture and its not so covered by what you're wearing. Skinny jeans are great because they show your figure off on your legs, if you want to appear taller try for tight fitting jeans with a little flare at the bottom, this will help elongate your body. I'm going to show you 3 outfits based off a tank top and skinny jeans - appropriate for castings and meeting with an agency.

This black tank I got from Forever 21.
The skinny jeans in the picture below are from a brand called UNIQLO.

Any basic skinny jeans will be fine! 

OUTFIT ONE
I kept the same base (the black tank and the skinny jeans) but added this silk shirt from H&M (they don't have this style anymore but I linked to a similar one available in other colors).

OUTFIT TWO
Keeping the same base, I added a simple colonial inspired top from Forever 21. The link will send you to similar tops. 

OUTFIT THREE 
Keeping the same base, I paired the skinny jeans with this floral top I got from Zara

As for shoes go, I would just keep it simple with a pair of black or nude ballet flats, or you could spice it up and wear combat boots. I would also bring a pair of heels just incase they ask you to walk at the agency meeting. Don't be nervous! Be yourself and smile! Don't be shy, and be sure to talk to them and be confident. Good luck! 
xox 
Zuri Tibby



No comments:

Post a Comment